Are You in Need of a New Garage Door Installation
Speedy Garage Door Repair in Calgary will provide optimal installation in all surrounding cities around Calgary. When you require a residential garage door installation, contact professionals for your needs at affordable prices.
Knowing how to conduct a garage door opener and keypad installation can save you in dire situations. A garage door replacement also requires installation. You should always opt for commercial or residential garage door services from pros. These instructions are to save yourself from dangerous situations
Important Points For Garage Door Installation
- Garage doors weigh anywhere between 200 to 500 pounds. You should hire professional lift masters to handle them.
- DIYing a Garage Door Installation can cost hundreds of dollars. Call professional
- It will take eight to twelve hours or two days maximum to complete the procedure.
What You’ll Learn:
- Tools You Need For Garage Door Installation
- Garage Door Torsion Springs Calibration
- New Garage Door Installation
Tools You Need For Garage Door Installation:
- A drill
- Screwdriver set
- Wrench set or adjustable wrench
- Durable locking pliers
- Stepladder for safety and heights
- Socket and racket set
- Safety gear like goggles
- Garage door lubrication and kit
- Masking tape
- Cords or ropes
- Tensioning system
- Steel rods
Garage Door Torsion Springs Calibration
There are two types of springs in a garage door, torsion and extension springs. Both of them need to be locked before you can begin the new door installation process:
- Lift the door to adequate height and lock it in a place.
- Use pliers for locking the gate
- Tie the extension springs to the roller tracks.
- Remove the cable from the bottom brackets. Use pliers
- Torsion springs need diligence and might require pros to use specific tools to lower the tension.
- Alternatively, you can use adjustable pliers to lock the torsion spring.
- Insert steel rods in the spring winding cones; they are the ones used for increasing or decreasing the tension.
- Loosen the screws of the winding cones.
- Then use the steel rods you previously inserted to loosen the spring slowly. It’s a time-consuming process compared to pros.
After following through, you are done with the hardest part. It’s easy to switch springs.
New Garage Door Installation
- Use a reinforcing bar for the steady installation of the heavier doors. Place them on the center of the panel and draw additional holes to bolt them
- Work on each panel of the door separately and bolt the hinges
- You’ll find all of the parts of the door with it. The entire process is about assembly. Attach the axels
- Start from the bottom and fix the panel of the door to provide a strong base. Ensure that the leveling is accurate.
- Secure all the hinges and strongly bolt them
Follow by replacing all the hardware, including the springs. Prevent re-using them. Read the instruction manual that comes with the garage door.
It’s strongly advised calling for Calgary door opener and keypad installation services for precision. They’re highly-qualified and capable of providing solutions efficiently. DIY can cost you a fortune, especially if you don’t know what you’re doing. If you want to save the maximum cost and get the work done at minimum cost, call for our professionals today.